Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday - It's My Birthday Too--Yeah

Ah... the strains of the Beatle's "Birthday" are running through my mind today. Today marks my 48th birthday. It's nice when people remember... my sister, my good friend Michelle, my friend Amy texted me a H.B.D. last night.

I've been working on an advertising proposal this morning. Heading to Aberdeen to have a late dinner with my Mother tonight. Then client meetings most of the day tomorrow.

I asked my mom last night what she was doing exactly 48 years ago and she said she was at home and didn't go to the hospital until mid-morning the day I was born when she started feeling pains. She said I came in at 10 pounds 3 oz and have been a pain ever since. I was born at 1:32pm on Tuesday August 26, 1960.

I notice something funny on my birthday and maybe you've experienced this too... when you go to write the date, say on a check or document... you almost invariably write your actual BIRTHdate instead of the day's date - you know, with your birth year instead of the current year.

Am I the only one to experience this? Prolly not.

1 comment:

EditThis said...

Happy Birthday Roadz! 48 years? How the hell did that happen? You were much younger when I met you!! 10 lbs - I bet you were a pain in more than her ass.